mandag 15. desember 2008

My Christmas season

Christmas preparations written by Camilla

It is the same routine every year. It starts December 1. The only thing that changes this year from the others is that we have three different gift calendars. I usually forget to open all of them before I have to run to the school bus. So, it goes without saying.
Sadly, my mom is usually too busy to do anything special before little Christmas so it does not actually feel like Christmas before that.
But in the spirit of Christmas, I always clean my room, hang up the Christmas curtains, put a boll of chocolate on my desk and some nice sheets on my bed. And of course i prefer the sheet with those tiny santas on.

I started shopping gifts really early this year; I hate to do things in the last minute, like for excample buy all of the presents the day before Christams Eve. I like to have a little time to choose between different things, so that is what I did.
I am actually really happy with the gifts I have chosen for my friends and my family. I have put a lot of thought and effort into choosing the perfect gifts. I hope they will love them, just like I do.

We putted together the yearly biscuit house some days ago. My mom and I had to do it our self this year, so we spent a great deal of time trying to do it right. My little brother and I are going to garnish the house with candy and I am really looking forward to it. I think you know why.
We do not live far from the food store, and every year they sell Christmas trees there. I cannot help thinking about Christmas when I walk pass it, I just love the smell.

My dad lives in Oslo so I do not get to see him too much. I have only spent a few Christmases with him, but it is fine. It is very different to celebrate Christmas Eve and new years in another city, everybody celebrates it different. I really like the tradition we have here at home. Maybe because
I love spending Christmas with my two wonderful brothers.
It would not be the same without them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar