tirsdag 16. desember 2008

My Christmas

CHRISTMAS PREPARATION
written by Selma

Christmas preparation is something most people are thinking much about. Some people do start their preparations already in November. They plan who they are going to buy presents for, and they start to do the shopping.
The shops start to decorate for Christmas earlier and earlier. Sometimes I think they even start too early.
They had Christmas soda and candies in the store already in the end of November.
I need to get this Christmas feeling before I start my Christmas preparation. If it’s raining and its windy I don’t get this feeling, but if it’s cold and perhaps some snow it’s easier to get this Christmas feeling.
When I see all the lights and the Christmas decoration in people’s garden and in the windows, I know that Christmas is approaching.
My family doesn’t have any tradition for baking Christmas cookies, but we do have a very nice tradition. Every last Saturday before Christmas we are four families gathering together in the home of one of these families. We are eating porridge and a lot of nice food, and we are playing different games.
About two weeks before Christmas I go to a big shopping center to buy gifts to my friends and to my family. I think it’s quite nice to find something special to each and everyone.
Last day before Christmas Eve is the big day for Christmas preparations. My parents are cleaning the house and doing the last shopping. I try to help them cleaning the house. We do have a tradition that me and my sisters are going early to bed that night and my parents are decorating the Christmas tree and the rest of the house when we are asleep. When we wake up in the morning it’s a bit magic in the house, and we find a little present on our plate at the kitchen. This is the only present we are allowed to open before Christmas Eve.
I like very much to prepare Christmas and it makes me very happy. My room is full of Christmas stuff and I have decorated it very nicely. Christmas makes me so happy and I get a special feeling in December.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar